Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Steel stocks down 1.7% on average while median return down 1.9% in a day
- Steel stocks down 0.5% on average while median return down 0.7% in a week
- Steel stocks up 5.9% on average while median return up 3.4% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $SCHN 31.2%, $MSB 21.2%, $TS 17.5%, $MTL 13.8%, $RYI 12.6%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $GGB -1.9%, $USAP -6.7%, $PKX -12.1%, $VALE -18.8%, $SID -20.2%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $RYI 8.2%, $AP 5.5%, $SCHN 5.4%, $USAP 4.7%, $TS 3.1%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $ATI -4.6%, $PKX -6.1%, $VALE -7.7%, $GGB -8.1%, $SID -10.3%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 32.1%, for the past 3 months is 40.4%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 55.9%, the lowest correlation is 1.5%, the latest correlation is 27.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 99.1% between MT and MTCN
The lowest correlation is -51.8% between AP and MTL
B2Gold (BTG) now projects total gold production guidance in the range of 1,015,000 ounces to 1,055,000 ounces in 2021.
(Bloomberg) -- After a bumper third quarter, the world’s No. 2 iron ore miner is cutting back on lower quality supply after prices of the steelmaking ingredient plunged.Most Read from BloombergGoogle’s Biggest Moonshot Is Its Search for a Carbon-Free FutureA $30 Billion Fortune Is Hiding in China’s Silicon ValleyBeef Industry Tries to Erase Its Emissions With Fuzzy Methane MathGoogle’s CEO: ‘We’re Losing Time’ in the Climate FightHate-Speech Case Forces Japan to Confront Workplace RacismVale SA
Barrick (GOLD) reports preliminary third-quarter sales of 1.07 million ounces of gold as well as preliminary production of 1.09 million ounces.
At Insider Monkey, we pore over the filings of nearly 873 top investment firms every quarter, a process we have now completed for the latest reporting period. The data we’ve gathered as a result gives us access to a wealth of collective knowledge based on these firms’ portfolio holdings as of June 30th. In this […]
Big Earnings Reports on Cards this Week
After a strong trading week last week, the Dow is down -190 points, the S&P 500 is -25 and the Nasdaq -75 points.
PKX, SU, and BKE made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) income stocks list on October 18, 2021.
ALKS, CMC, and E made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) momentum stocks list on October 18, 2021.
Following GrowGeneration (GRWG) and HGS Hydro's mutual agreement to terminate their previously announced acquisition, the former updates its 2021 revenue guidance.