Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Steel stocks down 0.4% on average while median return down 0.1% in a day
- Steel stocks down 6.4% on average while median return down 5.0% in a week
- Steel stocks up 7.5% on average while median return up 6.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $CRS 27.3%, $SYNL 23.6%, $USAP 19.1%, $CLF 18.4%, $RYI 16.8%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $MTCN -2.6%, $GGB -2.9%, $TX -3.1%, $PKX -3.5%, $MSB -3.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $TS -10.2%, $GGB -13.1%, $SID -13.6%, $X -14.6%, $MTL -16.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 42.1%, for the past 3 months is 36.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 54.6%, the lowest correlation is 10.5%, the latest correlation is 42.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 96.2% between MT and MTCN
The lowest correlation is -44.2% between MTCN and OSN
U.S. Steel (X) acquires the remaining equity of Big River Steel for roughly $774 million from cash on hand.
Commercial Metals Company ( NYSE:CMC ) is about to trade ex-dividend in the next 4 days. This means that investors who...
Stocks have high cash-to-debt ratios
These are the materials stocks with the best value, fastest growth, and most momentum for February 2021.
Schnitzer Steel (SCHN) is well positioned to outperform the market, as it exhibits above-average growth in financials.
Reliance Steel (RS) shares have started gaining and might continue moving higher in the near term, as indicated by solid earnings estimate revisions.
Is (VALE) Outperforming Other Basic Materials Stocks This Year?
Nucor Corporation (NYSE: NUE) announced today that Executive Vice President of Raw Materials, Craig A. Feldman, plans to retire in June of this year after 35 years of service with Nucor and The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ).