Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Steel stocks down 0.5% on average while median return down 0.5% in a day
- Steel stocks down 1.0% on average while median return down 1.0% in a week
- Steel stocks down 13.1% on average while median return down 12.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $VALE 7.2%, $GGB 0.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $NUE -19.5%, $X -20.8%, $CLF -22.0%, $PKX -22.1%, $WOR -25.2%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $RYI 6.5%, $TS 6.4%, $MSB 4.4%, $IPSC 3.9%, $TMST 3.8%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $SID -4.4%, $ATI -4.5%, $CRS -6.6%, $PKX -9.8%, $WOR -20.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 45.7%, for the past 3 months is 39.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 68.2%, the lowest correlation is 21.9%, the latest correlation is 40.1%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 92.7% between SID and VALE
The lowest correlation is -42.6% between SYNL and WOR
In this article, we will be taking a look at the 10 materials stocks to buy after the Fed’s new policy. To skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, and recent policy measures and their consequences, you can go directly to see the 5 Materials Stocks to Buy After Fed’s Latest Rate Hike. On September […]
In this article, we discuss the 11 best commodity stocks to invest in. If you want to read about some more commodity stocks, go directly to 5 Best Commodity Stocks To Invest In. Macroeconomic concerns have been clouding the commodities market in the past few days after the Federal Reserve in the United States hiked […]
We're definitely into long term investing, but some companies are simply bad investments over any time frame. We don't...
Tenaris S.A. (TS) closed at $26.88 in the latest trading session, marking a -1.79% move from the prior day.
Steel Dynamics (STLD) closed the most recent trading day at $75.85, moving -1.74% from the previous trading session.
Nonresidential construction in the U.S. is slowing down, meaning there is less demand for steel. Production remains below prepandemic levels.
The Biden Administration’s “Buy Clean” initiative is a boon for U.S manufacturers concerned about falling steel prices
Steel Dynamics shows improving price performance, earning an upgrade to its IBD Relative Strength Rating.
Nucor Corporation (NYSE: NUE) announced today that the new steel plate mill being built in Brandenburg, Kentucky has publicly registered to pursue LEED v4 for Building and Design certification. Nucor Steel Brandenburg is the first steel mill in the world to pursue certification under LEED v4, which is more stringent than previous LEED rating systems and ambitiously aligns each credit category with sustainable performance, climate change, and revolutionizes the manufacturing landscape through thi
Steel Dynamics (STLD) could produce exceptional returns because of its solid growth attributes.