Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Steel stocks down 4.9% on average while median return down 5.2% in a day
- Steel stocks down 1.1% on average while median return down -0.1% in a week
- Steel stocks up 10.1% on average while median return up 9.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $SCHN 35.9%, $TMST 26.9%, $GGB 23.7%, $X 23.4%, $NUE 22.6%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $USAP -0.8%, $AP -14.8%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $USAP 6.8%, $GGB 6.6%, $TMST 5.5%, $VALE 4.4%, $MTCN 4.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $HAYN -5.3%, $ATI -6.2%, $RYI -7.2%, $MTL -11.2%, $AP -27.5%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 40.1%, for the past 3 months is 36.2%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 54.9%, the lowest correlation is -0.7%, the latest correlation is 54.9%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 92.4% between CMC and RS
The lowest correlation is -35.3% between AP and SYNL
Value-oriented firm releases quarterly portfolio
Hailing from a wide range of sectors, see 24 of today's fastest-growing stocks expecting 75% to 1,037% EPS gains in 2021.
Is (VALE) Outperforming Other Basic Materials Stocks This Year?
Is (X) Outperforming Other Basic Materials Stocks This Year?
If you are looking for stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices, Schnitzer Steel (SCHN) could be a great choice. It is one of the several stocks that passed through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen.
Kaiser (KALU) prices $550 million worth of senior notes offerings. It intends on using the proceeds for funding the redemption of existing senior notes and satisfying general corporate purposes.
The big shareholder groups in Olympic Steel, Inc. ( NASDAQ:ZEUS ) have power over the company. Large companies usually...
Top Ranked Value Stocks to Buy for May 12th
Top Ranked Momentum Stocks to Buy for May 12th